I've always loved Google Apps and have used the Google Docs with my colleagues and students. Storage space is limited to 2GB, so when I read about the new Google Drive which was introduced today, I was very happy. Here's some of its great features:
- 5GB storage (Free account)
- Upload and share your files, which can include videos, photos, PDF's etc.
- Google Docs are built into Google Drive, so accessing your files is easy
- Share and collaborate with others
- Google Drive can be installed on your PC or Mac at home
- Download the app for your Android phone (iPhone app is in the works...)
- Google drive is able to identify OCR, (optical character recognition) which means any scanned text can be recognized in a search. (You can't edit the text)
- If you are looking for increased storage space, you can upgrade to 25GB/month, ($2.49) 100GB, ($4.99/month) or 1TB for $49.99/month.