So you say you are ready to podcast? I have already posted loads of information for you to get started as well as sample technology and education podcasts. Today's post specifically covers USB microphones which are priced under $250.00. These are the previous 2 posts:
All About Pocasting: 82 Sites Which Will Show You Everything You Need to Know
The Best 30 Technology and Education Podcasts
My Top 5
1. Audio-Technica AT2020- with a list price of $225.00, this cardioid mic picks up sound from in front and limits the sounds from the sides and rear. It's currently on Amazon.com for $169.00 with free shipping.
2. Blue Microphones: YETI- this retro-looking microphone offers multiple pattern selection: cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo. It can be used in any situation, including podcasting,
It's currently on Amazon.com for $84.95 with free shipping. (It is a #1 Best Seller on their site)
3. CAD Audio U37- studio-quality mic for vocals, instruments and podcasts. This is a cardioid mic which limits side and back sounds, concentrating on the sound from in front of the mic. The USB cable is 10 feet long. It's currently on Amazon.com for $43.03 with free shipping.
4. Rode NT-USB- package includes a pop shield, tripod desk stand, ring mount,
and storage pouch. Currently, this low-noise condenser mic has a 5-star rating (59 reviews) on Amazon.com where it is $169.00 with free shipping.
5. Zoom H2n- this mic runs on (2) AA batteries, Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround. Comes with a 2GB SD card. Currently available on Amazon.com for $159.99 with free shipping.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? Follow me on RebelMouse or Twitter, Like me on Facebook or subscribe to this blog.