Monday, June 27, 2011

Web 2.0 for Newbies

Chances are you are quite overwhelmed with all the technology that has bombarded you this school year.  I consider myself a real tech geek, and even I have had a headache many times because I felt that I just couldn't keep up with how fast Twitter postings, Google Reader postings and web searches arrived on my desktop. With that said, I have narrowed my list down to the 12 basic Web 2.0 tools I feel I can't live without. With so many choices, I kept my list to those apps which are free, easy to learn and use. Basics....just the basics are here. Please add your choices to the comments section at the end of this post.


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Web link overload is massive in my life, great to see these tools presented in such a cool way. Thanks so much for this posting, love the format and there are some great tools here. Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this excellent compilation of Web 2.0 tools for newbies. I work with newbies all the time and your personal, friendly comments about the tools are very encouraging to get them started. I love the tools you have chosen because teachers are always asking "where do I start"? I would add to the list one of the social bookmarking tools such as Delicious or Diigo so they can begin to save their bookmarks for access anywhere and also share them with other teachers. I'd also like to see Voicethread on the list because it is such an easy way to start using audio with students in a collaborative way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you both have enjoyed the resources I have posted on this blog! Peggy---you are SO right about adding VoiceThread and Diigo. Since this was just a basic newbie guide, they will make an appearance in the next guide I plan on sharing soon! Bridget--I kept the format easy to read and simple. Be sure and share the blog with your colleagues and friends!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddToAny